End-to-end encryption is an advanced security feature for securing your chat with strangers on WhatsApp. If you want to protect the chat history, then you can also get access to restore or take backups of chats. This security feature makes WhatsApp a highly secure application for Android users. To disable end-to-end encryption in WhatsApp, open the chat settings and turn off the switch-off end-to-end encryption feature.
Reasons to Disable End-To-End Encryption
There are several reasons to turn off end-to-end encryption; some are listed below:
- If you’re using any other third-party applications, then you need to disable the feature.
- Share your content publicly, such as pictures or videos.
- If you want to decrypt your messages, then you need to turn off the encryption feature.
- Facing any trouble while using WhatsApp and also taking backups of chats.
Guide to Disable End-to-End Encryption in WhatsApp
To disable end-to-end encryption in WhatsApp, follow the on-screen instructions:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your compatible device.
- Make sure that you’ve installed the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Click on the three vertical dots and click on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Account option from the menu list.
- In the account section, tap on Privacy.
- In the privacy menu, under the security section, tap on the encryption option.
- Turn off the switch toggle to disable the end-to-end encryption.
- WhatsApp will pop up a notification showing the consequences of disabling end-to-end encryption.
- Read the notification and tap on the disable option.
- Once you disable the end-to-end encryption, close the application for a while.
- Again, open the application and check the settings.
How to turn off end-to-end encrypted backup?
To turn off end-to-end encrypted backup, follow the on-screen instructions:
- Open WhatsApp and the application settings.
- Tap on the Chats option then on the Chat Backup option.
- Tap on the End-to-end Encrypted Backup.
- You’ll see the toggle for turning on and off the feature.
- Turn off the toggle of the encryption feature.
- Enter the security password.
- Confirm that you want to disable the chat backup.